Finding a Reliable Contractor
It is not easy to find a reliable construction contractor. There are so many companies out there claiming to be the best in business. This makes it very hard for the customers to decide which builder is the right one for them.
What to Look For In a Good Contractor
As a contractor in the home building industry, I have seen homeowners struggle to find a reliable contractor in today’s market. The root cause stems from the fact that most contractors are just that, contractors. The root cause is that there is no value in being DIY when it comes to your home. But who wants to hear that?
6 Pain Points a Person Usually Face When Hiring a Mistri/Contractor
Let’s face it, finding a reliable contractor to complete your home renovation project can be a stressful process. It’s even more difficult if you’re doing it on your own because you might be unfamiliar with the local building codes and standards.
So if you’re working on a home renovation project, and you don’t already have a trusted contractor in mind, focus on finding one that’s reliable.
Here are some problems usually a person faces while finding the right contractor for their home construction/renovation project:
- Time: The quote process often takes days or weeks, and it’s usually not possible for a homeowner to call the contractor directly. This pushes homeowners to rely more on offline/online reviews.
- Communication: Contractors know how frustrating it can be to be left in the dark. They often don’t return phone calls or emails or respond to texts in a timely manner. When something goes wrong, homeowners often don’t know how to get in touch with the contractor.
- Transparency: Contractors might promise things like free estimates, but that often just baits for the homeowner. Once they come on board, they charge an hourly rate, plus materials, or require a down payment.
- Billing: Contractors may charge extra for little things, like providing their own cleaning supplies or their truck. And contractors often charge different rates for different tasks. Their hourly rate can be 10 times their rate for painting, for example.
- Insurance: Many contractors don’t carry insurance. If they’re injured on your property, they could be personally liable.
- Follow-up: Contractors often don’t follow up to make sure the job was completed satisfactorily.
The last thing you want from a contractor is to be left in the dark. You have enough stress from your home project, so you deserve answers from a contractor you can trust. That’s why we created Cloud Mistri! Cloud Mistri is a one-stop solution for all civil-related needs.
In our next blog we will point out innovative ways by which Cloud Mistri is going to overcome all the issues discussed here in this blog.